Ok…so I am about 6 months out from our Disney Vacation. This is about the time that I start making LISTS…yes I am a crazy list person. But I do this to not only stay sane and organized but to save a few too.
I find that shopping last minute for specific items not only makes me want to tear my hair out, but also costs more. Not to mention the dreaded…I must get XYZ (insert Bathing Suit, Formal Dress, Matching Clothes HERE). Plan Early and shop the Deals!
Also considering it’s almost summer and in 6+ months it will be fall/winter…finding summer items and accessories will get harder and harder to come by, not to mention pricey. So I make my lists and shop as I normally would and if I see something on my list when already at Target or the Disney Store – SOLD and DONE. No more last minute trips for sunscreen, a suit that fits, cover-ups, backpacks, Disney Tees and so on. Shop early and save yourself the Headache…here is a general, ever changing list.
Summer Time Deals to LOOK for:
- Sunglasses, Summer Hats – for ALL
- Bathing Suits, Water Shoes, Cover-up, etc – For ALL
- Clothes for the kids…for when you go. Perhaps get the next size up?? THINK SHORTS.
- Disney TEES, Princess Attire, etc – Shop the Halloween section, shop DisneyStore Deals
- SNACKS…often Target has deals on BULK snacks during summer
Back to School Items:
- 1-2 Backpacks – One per parent perhaps
- Soft-Side Cooler bag or Tote – I just got a deal on one from the DisneyStore
- Highlighter, note pads, locker Magnet boards with dry-Erase Markers (Cruise)
- Black Sharpie Markers – Autograph signing
- Post-it notes – Cruise and for taking notes in general
- Formal Dress/Accessories and Attire for family…also Sundresses – Cruise
- Pirate Gear – Cruise
- Other random items: Blister Band aids, Nightlights, Alarm Clocks, Clothing Pins (Cruise), Ziploc bags, etc.
- Kids Entertainment – Coloring books, Airplane fun, Tablet apps, Headphones, etc.
- Disney Gift Cards – if you see a deal
- Get NEW shoes and start breaking them in…DON’T wear straight from the box.
- Camera and other Memory Making items…read manual, practice, practice, practice.
NOW is also a good time to search Etsy.com for Matching tees, embroidered outfits for the kids or any other Custom items.
**Also NOTE…I love to purchase lightweight Princess Night-Gowns verses Full-on Fancy dresses…DisneyStore and Kohl’s always has a cute selection and they are perfect for the sunny/hot weather.
I am a Disney Vacation Planner, AKA Disney Travel Agent. As always my SERVICES are 100% FREE if you book with me and you gain all my Travel and Kid tested tips, advice and HELP. Check me out: www.facebook.com/wordofmouse or @mermaidninatravels (https://www.instagram.com/mermaidninatravels/?hl=en)