What is this MagicBand? Why do I Need it? What makes it so Magical?…Oh the many questions regarding this new AWESOME device. For anyone who has either never been to Walt Disney World or hasn’t been recently…these are thoughts you will have. So in an attempt to answer them all or at least the main ones…here you go.
MagicBands are awesome, silicone (NO Latex) grade bracelets that Disney guests wear on their wrists. And YES…they are Magical. They are your key to everything. Within the bracelet lies magical electronic awesomeness that links your band to your Disney Vacation Package. They open your resort room, they hold your ticket info to get you into the parks, they contain all your fastpasses, your dining plan credits, your memory maker link and…you can use them to make purchases throughout the property. And…they are FREE to ALL Disney Resort guests – just one of the many perks to staying on property.
- They are Waterproof: you can wear them in the shower, pool or in the rain
- They are adjustable for sizing: for kids, just remove the outer gray lining
- They can be customized: pick your own color and printed name
- They can be decorated: special covers, sliders, paint, glitter, jewels, temporary tattoos, etc
- They can be reused: save for future trips or start a collection to match your daily park outfits
- Non-Property guest can purchase separately…basic colors are $12.99
- If lost…all your information is 100% safe…no actual information is stored on the magicband
- Disney ships them directly to your home – about 3-4 weeks out from your vacation.
- Mine fell off a few times, caught on my backpack. But I felt it happen and thus never lost.
- Many people find them annoying to wear or not comfortable. I was fine wearing mine during the day…but not while sleeping or washing my hair.
- Do NOT take off and forget and leave in the room…you will be sorry. Wear 24/7 if at all possible.
- The super cute ones are NOT free – special new designs come out often…roughly $25+
- Doesn’t work in the REAL world…
- Nothing really terrible about these…unless you have a desire to start a collection and thus begins another Disney addiction, lol
So…in my opinion the Magicband is truly magical and I really enjoyed using on my vacation. And for those that are staying off property…YES I do recommend spending the extra money to purchase…especially when staying longer then 1-2 days. My 2 year old still wears his, he won’t take it off. It’s starting to look very dingy in color but has never fallen off – going strong after 5+ months. Best Souvenir EVER…well other than Mickey Ears 🙂
I rather enjoyed decorating our bands myself with fingernail polish and received many complements at the parks. I chose not to clear coat as I wanted to see if it was needed. Our bands remained bright and painted during our entire trip…but after wearing a few weeks post trip…paint started peeling off. I did find that making a painting mistake was easy to remove with polish remover…but then it spread a foggy residue color over the area…so paint carefully. I loved adding little Mickey heads throughout my designs but try to keep the band on a round surface to prevent rolling up while drying. I wrapped mine on a water bottle while painting/drying.
As always…I am here to book all Disney vacations; World, Land, Cruise and more. My services are FREE; custom planning and organization. I do ALL the work and you do ALL the playing. Contact me today – Nina@goTMCtravel.com or 734-890-2350